WITH LEATHER PRICES CONSTANTLY INCREASING, OPTIMIZING YOUR DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN IS THE ANSWER TO CUTTING COSTS.
Bad leather destroys profits. Poor quality, waste, tannery-factory disputes, and overdevelopment of leather types and colors: all can dramatically reduce margins. At Impactiva, we can help. Our Leather End-to-End Management Program continuously improves quality, efficiency and decision-making, eliminating poor supplier relationships while improving your bottom line.
How it works
We’ll take a customized, end-to-end approach to optimizing your leather supply chain. In addition to developing a detailed set of rules governing your Program, we’ll place a leather professional in your central headquarters to serve as a resident leather expert and technical advisor, assisting your Design and Development Teams in finding viable, innovative leathers. We’ll also work with you to identify potential best-fit suppliers, define your quality grading system and optimum leather purchasing categories, ensure correct prototype leather production, and define and confirm standards for each leather type and color, transmitting this information to all your tanneries and factories.
Our approach is based on continuous improvement in production, quality and efficiency. Our highly trained technicians will ensure that your tanneries and factories have a clear, across-the-board understanding of all characteristics and tolerances associated with each leather type. But that’s not all. We will inspect 100% of your leather before it leaves your tanneries ensuring that +98% arrive without tannery claims at your factories. If any problems arise during the product manufacturing process, our technical customer service teams will assist your factories to find the quickest, low-cost solution. We will also assist your Costing Team to define the optimal leather consumption for each style and then a team of experts will assist all of your factories to achieve the agreed upon cutting yields. The result: better quality and supplier service with lower costs and less delays.
Impactiva’s End-to-End Leather Management Program will provide improvement from minimizing development costs at headquarters to maximizing leather usage at your factories, enhancing quality while cutting cost, waste and frustration.
Impactiva will help you to optimize your leather design, development and supply chain by:
- Helping your Development Team to select the right leather at the right price for each leather type
- Professionally calculating and defining leather consumption costs for each final product style and ensuring that your factories have the skills and knowledge to achieve these consumption targets
- Avoiding the shipment of poor leather quality that has a negative impact on the quality of your finished product and / or your lead-times
- Ensuring +98% of the sq. ft. arriving at your factories without problems
- The number of leather suppliers thereby increasing your purchasing power and the quality of the service received
- The spiraling growth of leather colors by balancing your design needs with the measurable cost of more complexity in your supply chain (i.e. minimizing the costs and risks associated with too many colors)
- Leather and product delays and airfreight
- Cancelation of orders due to bad leather arriving at your factories
- The energy draining disputes between tannery and factory
TEAM AT YOUR SERVICE
The following Team will support the activities required to perform the Service:
- Sr. Leather Development Consultant who has strong technical knowledge on leather and footwear development; handles the Design & Development of Leathers including standards, innovation, forecasting and commercialization
- Sr. Leather Procurement Consultant who assist in global material pricing, allocation of business, introducing seasonal briefs to leather vendors, organizing material vendor fairs and making exit strategies for poor performing vendors based on KPIs
- Leather Standards Consultant who will assist the Sr. Leather Procurement Consultant to create, prepare and distribute all leather standards
- Sr. Consumption-Cutting Consultant who will be responsible for calculating all the consumption standards; will also coach, mentor and lead the Cutting Consultants
- Cutting Consultants who will advise factories on how to achieve cutting yields performing periodic audits to analyze their progress
- Sr. Technicians and Technicians who have a formal education in leather technology with a minimum of 5 years experience in the industry and are permanently stationed at your suppliers’ facilities
- Sr. Tech Leaders and Tech Leaders who coach, mentor and lead up to eight Technicians
- A Vice-Production Leader who coaches, mentors and leads all the Technicians and Tech Leaders
- Technical Client Care (TCC) Coordinators who are responsible for the transmission of the order monitoring report and assisting in the setting of standards and specifications for each style in each season
- A TCC Brand Leader who is your key contact person and responsible for all communication between Impactiva’s Production Team and you
- A BU Leader who coaches, mentors and leads the entire Team
- An Internal Quality Assurance Audit Team which recertifies Technicians every 6 months ensuring continued compliance with Impactiva’s processes and procedures
- A Research & Development Engineering Team which assist you, Impactiva and the suppliers in recommending improvements to existing processes and procedures.
DEFINITION OF STANDARDS
Impactiva, together with you, will create a customized set of rules (your Process and Procedure Book) which will govern the daily operation of your End-to-End Leather Management Program.
We will help you to define your quality grading system consisting of the number of grades for each leather type to be purchased and the minimum, maximum and average % clean area for each grade.
For each leather type to be sourced, Impactiva will determine the must optimum Leather Purchasing Category (i.e. the % contracted clean area and grades that can and cannot be supplied) understanding the correct balance between price per sq. ft. and factory cutting yield given the final product to be produced from each leather type.
Once a leather type and color is going to be used in mass production, standards must be defined and distributed which will allow your Tier-1 factories and Tier-2 leather suppliers to understand all the characteristics and tolerances associated with each leather type. Impactiva will work with your Development Team to create a Leather Specification Sheet, Leather Confirmation Swatch, Product Standard, Range Swatches and Color Windows if needed.
Impactiva will then work with your tanneries to produce all the relevant Leather Standards, approve them and distribute them to your entire supply chain (your offices, factories, tanneries and Impactiva’s Leather Technicians).
A library of all approved Leather Confirmation Swatches will be managed by Impactiva at your headquarters, thus facilitating their use as a reference by designers and merchandisers for the fast choosing of leather types and colors when designing future products.
OUR CONTRIBUTION TO CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
Impactiva’s work does not end when your leather is shipped from the tanneries. We create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and learning throughout your entire supply chain. If any quality problems / issues arise when the leather arrives at your factories, we work diligently to obtain all the necessary information which allows us to perform a detailed and complete investigation until root causes are determined.
We then immediately communicate our findings to you, your leather supply chain partners and the entire Impactiva Team with the objective of implementing permanent changes to required processes and procedures to prevent future reoccurrences.
WHY IS IMPACTIVA DIFFERENT?
UNPARALLELLED TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
As the world’s leading quality assurance company in the leather, footwear and apparel industries, Impactiva will serve as an unmatched source of technical expertise at each step of your supply chain. In addition to providing learning seminars on topics such as leather characteristics, finishes and the tanning process, our team members use their deep understanding of your products to quickly identify issues that can cause quality problems, delays and long-term damage to your brand.